MEDHA HARI - IYER
Medha Hari is hailed as one of the most promising Bharatanatyam dancers of her generation. She began her training in Bharatanatyam in 1997 under the tutelage of her guru Acharya Choodami Smt. Anitha Guha and had her arangetram in 2001.
A passionate dancer, Medha excels particularly in the nritta aspect of dance. Blessed with a flexible and wiry frame, Medha’s dance is sculpted and chiseled. She has perfected her dance to a point where its geometrical accuracy is irrepressibly precise and vibrant. Medha is a sensitive performer.
Nimble movements and the pristine purity of her expressions, along with her excellent technique and intrinsic charisma, have helped her stand out as a solo artist. She has imbibed her guru Anitha guha’s distinctive style which is being recognized and well appreciated in the field of Bharathanatyam.
Medha has good command over rhythm that is exuded with subtle and internalized bhava by her. Grace came very early to Medha and even at the age of nine, she captivated audiences during stage performances with neat footwork and a deep square araimandi. Medha hari is an empanelled artiste with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
Growing up in Chennai, Medha has been fortunate to have interacted and worked with great artists and also perform in most of her guru’s nrityanatakams. Medha is pursuing her art with deep passion and devotion and she is also a Chartered Accountant.
• Conferrred the ‘Nrithya Pradarshanam’ by the Cleveland Thyagaraja Festival in April 2014.
• Conferred the ‘Gutti Vasi Memorial Prize’ from The Music Academy, Chennai for the Spirit of Youth Series held In August 2013.
• Received the ‘Lakshmi Vishwanathan Endowment’ from Sri Krishna Gana Sabha for Abhinaya in January 2014.
• Conferred the ‘Award of Excellence’ from Bharathanjali Trust in November 2013.
• Awarded the ‘Maha Nrithya Nakshathra’ by the Maham Parampara in October 2013.
• Empanelled Artiste with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and India World Cultural Forum (IWCF)
• Awarded the ‘Kalaa Jeeva Puraskar’ by the Raja Charitable Trust & School of Theatre Arts in August 2013.
• Adjudged the Best Dancer among 50 dancers from all over India in various forms of classical dance by the Sur Singar Samsad in the Kal Ke Kalakar festival held at Mumbai in May 2009. She was awarded the title “Singar Mani”.
• Awarded the ‘Nrithya Mani’ at the International Dance Festival held at Cuttack, Orissa in January 2011.
• Adjudged the ‘Best Dancer’ by the Parthasarathy Swami Sabha for the season 2010-2011.
• Adjudged the Best Dancer in the Young Talent promotion Dance Competition conducted by The Indian Fine Arts Society in January 2008. She thus had the honour of performing at their season inaugural in December 2008.
• Conferred the title “Natya Yuva Brahmam” by Sri Sumukhi Rajasekharan memorial Foundation in January 2006.
• Award for artistic Excellence from Auroville Cultural Exchange in 2006.
• Recipient of Scholarships from The Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, Government of India; also from Bharath Kalachar
• Padma Bharathi Award in 2004.
• Talented Dancer under the talent promotion programme of VDS Arts Academy in September 2004.
• Miss Elegance award in Carnatica’s Creative 2003.
Old No :17/1, New no: 35/1
North Crescent Road
Chennai – 600017
Tel No : 044 28150294
Cell No :+91 9884315454