S. PARTHSARATHY - IYENGAR
Ayyangar was the second son of K. C. Srinivasa Iyengar, B.A, a leading mirasudar of Kulumani, which is a suburb of the town of Trichy. He studied at the Madras Law College where he received his BL and ML degrees winning several gold medals.
Parthasarathy joined as an apprentice under the lawyer Sir Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer. He then took the Imperial Police Examination and was selected for the Imperial Police Service in 1926. He was posted to Thanjavur Thereon, where he rose in rank from Superintendent of Police (SP) to Deputy Inspector General of Police (IG) and later to Commissioner of Police for Madras.
Parthasarathy was seconded to the Travancore state as the IG of police and worked there from 1944–1947. When India gained independence from British rule, however, he opted to return to Madras State by declining an offer of the British authorities to serve in the Commonwealth.
In 1958, he moved to Delhi and was appointed to the post of Inspector General of Railway Protection Force and formed the organization. He was also the Director of Vigilance - Railway Board, as well as a part-time member of the Union Public Service Commission.