S.B. KHANTHAN - IYER
S.B. Khanthan is a Tamil film director who has directed several stage plays, advertisements and documentaries. He is the director of the Tamil film Jerry.
Khanthan is a Chartered Accountant by qualification, Senior Executive in a consumer durable conglomerate by experience and a Creative Director by Profession.
Being the son of the legend in Harikatha Brahmashri, T S Balakrishna Sastri, Khanthan was introduced to the world of fine arts at a very young age and to the nuances of film making (from conception till delivering the reels to theatre) through his brother, director Mouli.
Khanthan was introduced to humour through decades of association with friend and humourist, Shri Crazy Mohan and to basics of Visual Communication through cinematographer, P. C. Sreeram.
Through his firm Studio Dream, Khanthan conceives, produces and directs advertisements, corporate films and documentaries.
Notable among them are
- Tamil Nadu – Vision 2025 for Confederation of Indian Industries
- Retailer film for Coca Cola
- Motivational films for AREVA, Hindustan Latex Ltd and HDFC Bank
- Corporate film for Quality Inn Sabari Group of Hotels
- Centenary film for Delloite (Fraser and Ross) (Chartered Accountants)
- Safety film for Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Corporate Film for Bayer
- Project films for Swaraj-Isuzu, AREL Software Parks
- Documentaries for CLRI
Khanthan has also directed advertisements for popular products like
- Dukes Biscuits
- Bhandari Interstate Carriers
- Elac Water Heaters